Thursday, October 28, 2010

God Moments

Did you ever have one of those moments where you're sitting there listening to a speaker, or a preacher, a song, or whatever, and all of a sudden a sentence leaps out and crashes headlong into your very spirit & soul?  Time seems to stand still. The thought echoes through your brain over & over, and you know that it was spoken just for you. Meant for you. You know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God himself chose the words, signed His name to it, and handed them to you. I have.

It is truly amazing how it happens. I can be sitting there so unsuspecting ... never even looking for a word from Him. And yet He so knows when I need to hear from Him. Need to be assured of His involvement in my life. I love it.

Today God spoke to me through a speaker at our MOPS group. She was going along beautifully speaking on growing deeper friendships, when she paused, and began sharing some of her own personal story. And right in the middle of it she said, "I thought that my struggle was too big for God. That I needed to {control it all} myself." Wow. I am so there right now. And it's amazing how I don't even see it until God gently shows me from His perspective.

Anyways ... there's my little "God Moment" from today. I've been missing my blog lately. So so so much life happening these days. It's been great, but somehow the blog hits a back burner. I hope to get back into the groove quite soon.

1 comment:

  1. you gave me a real God moment today with the lovely meal....thanks from the bottom of my heart! May you be blessed--Dorothy

    ReplyDelete