Sunday, August 1, 2010

Out of the Mouth of Babes ...

Ever have one of those moments where you knew God was speaking through your child? I have, quite a few times actually, and I just love it. It reminds me how much God cares, and how he treasures little ones.




The past couple of weeks have been very slow for us work-wise. Jason actually did his last job on Monday of last week, and has been catching up on book-work, estimates, and all that fun stuff the rest of the week. I'm not worried or fearful; God has proven himself so faithful so many times before, and I'm sure he will again. But to be totally honest I am discouraged. It is just one more "thing" on top of a pile of other "things" that I've been struggling with. I know that God loves me, that he cares, and that he is right by my side ... I know it in my heart and in my head. And I am not doubting that at all! But for some reason I find myself looking for those tangible things to prove it. {which is another whole discussion ~ why do I/we need that?}



Anyways, this morning on the way to church my 7-yr. old pipes up and say "Mom! I had a dream last night. There were cars and trucks in our lane ... so many that they could hardly all fit in or find a place to park. They all wanted Daddy to do some kind of work for them. Some wanted buildings, or roofing, some wanted siding, or other stuff. And Daddy could hardly keep up with all the work. Oh, and Daddy took me to work with him so much that I earned a huge stack of money. That was the best part!" {and in his mind, it was also the whole meaning of the dream ... he has no idea that we are out of work. I love it!}


Wow. I can handle that. Thank you, Father.

1 comment:

  1. In moments like these the wonderful loving Daddy of ours reaches down and meets our humanity and not only wins our hearts but also draws our eyes and our faith toward Himself! I never tire of His wonderful goodness!!! Dorcas

    ReplyDelete