Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Girls in White Dresses with Wide Satin Sashes ...

... these are a few of my favorite things.

Okay, so they are not in white dresses, but they do have satin-y tie-bows, and they are definitely some of my favorites!!




I finished the little dresses today by adding a wide strip around the bottom, and adding tie-belt ribbons. I think Jenna will wear hers for quite a long time. *smile* I think they will also look terribly cute with matching long-sleeved shirts underneath.





My little man took his first steps yesterday!!! He is 10 months old, kinda petite, and very determined. I love his toothy little grin.


In other news, Jason had a day at home today between jobs. What a treat! I suggested to him this morning that he could do the homeschooling while I cleaned the kitchen. He assured me that he would clean the kitchen while he taught school, and that I should go on and do something else. Sure. Uh-huh. I think he had a startling introduction to how much concentration it takes to keep 3 kiddoes gainfully occupied. So I cleaned the kitchen myself, peacefully and without interruption. By 11 am, Jason herded the scholars outside, muttering that he better have 'shop class' with them or else he would feel like he had gotten nothing done the whole morning. I confess I had to stifle the chuckles.

Other "Favorite Things" about my day ...

~ browsing homes for sale with my hubby & dreaming about which one we'd chose ~
~ getting the whole yard mowed! In the same week! ~
~ warm, homemade bread, toasted, with homemade strawberry jam ~
~ getting the whole basement cleaned ~
~ a phone call from my best friend ~
~ sorting & organizing old pictures .... a flood of great memories ~
~ cuddling with a happy toddler after a good nap ~


What was the best part about your day?


~

1 comment:

  1. ~Today it was getting my almost 3 yr to go in the potty chair-just once!!! And he stayed dry ALL morning. Maybe, just maybe, he will get it figured out before he's 10!! Everyone tells me he will... But I am about to give up. He hasn't the time to sit on a chair with his pants down.

    ReplyDelete