Monday, November 22, 2010

Creativity 101

eI've always loved seeing before & after pictures. When I was little, my mom used to get used Country Woman magazines, and the first page I would turn to was the make-overs where a woman would get a new haircut, new make-up, and look like a whole different person. I just love seeing how much you can improve something with some creativity {maybe I'm just alittle weird ... I know, I know}.

Anyhow, recently I have found a couple of blogs that feature a lot of make-overs. Remodels. Before & afters. And slowly, slowly the thought began to dawn on me ... I could do that! So this week I aim to try my hand at a few such ventures and see what I come up with.

This evening was my first attempt. I decided to start off with something easy and small ...  in case it was a dismal failure then maybe I wouldn't feel quite so bad. So I found this little footstool at a second-hand shop last week, and while there was nothing really "nasty" about it, I had a different picture in mind.



So I set about taking it all apart ... sanding ... painting ... sanding ... painting ... and then the fun part, re-assembling everything with the new fabric. I love how it turned out! What do you think? It might even be for sale ...



I think I could call this a success.  Now maybe I'll have the courage to tackle my next, much bigger project. Stay tuned.


3 comments:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful,Lou!!!! Way to go!!! It will look sweet in my living room!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lou, very impressive! I love your choice of color & fabric! Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. love it...I've been wanting to try some things as well, but I'm not sure where to start! -Janine

    ReplyDelete