Saturday, September 25, 2010

Scrub-Top Make-Over

I love blogs that show make-overs. Old dishes displayed as gorgeous wall art. Ugly end tables with a new paint job that look breathtaking. Or even tin cans sprayed with black-board slate and used for something beautiful. Often I wish I had an eye for things like that, 'cause I sure do love the end results!

A few weeks ago my mom & sisters & I were shopping at a second hand store. A few XXXL scrub tops caught my eye, mostly because they were in a cute Strawberry Shortcake pattern which my girls adore right now. I could not quite picture how I would make them over ... but they landed in my cart anyhow. *grin*

Tonight at 9:30 the inspiration hit to dig them out and see what I could do with them.






I cut the bottom half off for a skirt.


Then cut out some bodice pieces & sleeves.


Everything was already hemmed, and I used the original necklines too. Super easy!






Within an hour (and a nursing-baby interruption) these two were finished!! I'd like to add red ribbon ties yet at the waist, and Christi's may need a ruffle at the bottom for some length. But overall I was so pleased and surprised how easy & fun these were. I am gonna have some very smiley girls in the morning. {until I tell them they can't wear them to church! *smile*}


3 comments:

  1. Adorable! You did a great job! ~Raych

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job Lou, they are so cute!! I love doing stuff like that too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job with being brave enough to buy the scrubbs AND then making the dresses. Cute! I love makeovers too, but usually copy other's ideas because I don't often have the "eye" for it myself. :)

    ReplyDelete