Saturday, February 18, 2012

Caramel French Toast

Our breakfast this morning, which was a huge hit. And since I am not having any sugar, I didn't take one bite. just had eggs. stuck to my decision. sneaked just a tiny taste. Ahhh. Heavenly! I thought I'd share it with you.



1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c butter
2 T light corn syrup

In a small saucepan, bring these 3 ingred. to a boil. Remove from heat and pour half of caramel mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Place 6 slices of bread on top of caramel.

Mix together 1/2 c. white sugar with 1/2 t. cinnamon. Sprinkle half of this mixture over the bread, and then pour the remaining caramel over top. Layer 6 more slices of bread over the caramel.

6 eggs
1 1/2 c. milk
1 t. vanilla
1/2 t. cinnamon

Beat together well and pour over the bread. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over all. Cover and refrigerate overnight. In the moring, uncover and bake for 30-35 min. at 350*. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment